This four-day workshop with a practical component of over 60% teaches you sophisticated real-world implementations, such as client mobility between subnets, implementation of high-density clients and wireless mesh implementations. You will learn how to build a secure and fast WLAN with an intelligent network design based on the current network requirements. You will learn how to configure and troubleshoot the AireOS WLCs and their respective parameters. Our modern and up-to-date lab environment offers you the opportunity to learn about realistic use cases and best practices for demanding deployment scenarios.
The content and hands-on labs of this workshop are based on AireOS version 8.10 using the latest WiFi 5 and WiFi 6 Access Points (AP) and Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC) and will be continuously improved and updated. Current topics such as 802.11ax and WPA3 are also covered.
In the labs we use components such as Cisco AIR-CT3504-K9, AIR-CTVM-5-K9 and the latest generations of Cisco Access Points (9120, 3800, etc.).
The workshop is also suitable as preparation for a migration from AireOS to the new IOS-XE wireless controller with the "profile and tag based" configuration model. In the lab, participants will have the opportunity to migrate the classic AireOS configuration to a C9800CL IOS-XE.
Who should attend
Our workshop is intended for all network employees and WLAN administrators, who need to know the fundamentals about planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining a Cisco AireOS Wireless LAN infrastructure. This includes system and field engineers, technical support professionals, network managers, security team members and administrators.
No previous knowledge required, the following knowledge is advantageous:
- Basic knowledge of WLAN and antennas
- Basic knowledge of routing and switching
- Basic knowledge of network security
- Basic knowledge of network management
- Wireless fundamentals at the Wireless Fundamentals (WFUN) course level
After completing the workshop you will be able to configure, maintain and troubleshoot Cisco Wireless LAN solutions based on the AireOS platform, as well as master advanced features including monitoring of your wireless environment.
- Basic Setup of AireOS WLC
- Advanced Configuration
- LAG, AP Groups
- AP Priority, AP HA Configuration
- N+1 HA, HA SSO
- AireOS Timers
- Advanced RRM and DCA
- Clean Air Technology
- Basic Security on Cisco ISE
- Configuring EAP Protocols
- Flex Connect Basics
- Flex Connect local and central Switching
- Flex Connect Groups
- Basics of Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Understanding GUI and User Management
- Using Prime with WLAN Infrastructure
- Using Maps and Planning Mode
- Virtual Domains
- Guest Access Services
- Using Anchor Controller
- Managing Guest Access with Prime
- Wireless Mesh Basics
- Wireless Mesh BGN
- Wireless Mesh Advanced Topics