CompTIA A+ 220-1001 (A+1001)
You should have successfully completed the CompTIA IT Fundamentals course or have some basic experience using a PC, Windows, and browsing the web. Specifically, we recommend that you have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Recognize the main components of a PC as well as storage media such as USB drives and DVD.
- Start the computer and navigate the operating system desktop.
- Use Windows Explorer to create directories and subdirectories and manage files.
- Use a web browser to view websites.
You'll learn about the following CompTIA A+ topics:
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display, multimedia devices, storage devices, and internal system components.
- Explain network infrastructure concepts.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Implement client virtualization.
- Support and troubleshoot laptops, mobile devices and print devices.
Module 1: Installing and Configuring PC Components
- PC Components
- Common Connection Interfaces
- Install Peripheral Devices
- Troubleshooting Methodology
Module 2: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Display and Multimedia Devices
- Install and Configure Display Devices
- Troubleshoot Display Devices
- Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
Module 3: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Storage Devices
- Install System Memory
- Install and Configure Mass Storage Devices
- Install and Configure Removable Storage
- Configure RAID
- Troubleshoot Storage Devices
Module 4: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Internal System Components
- Install and Upgrade CPUs
- Configure and Update BIOS/UEFI
- Install Power Supplies
- Troubleshoot Internal System Components
- Configure a Custom PC
Module 5: Network Infrastructure Concepts
- Wired Networks
- Network Hardware Devices
- Wireless Networks
- Internet Connection Types
- Network Configuration Concepts
- Network Ports and Services
Module 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
- Configure Network Connection Settings
- Install and Configure SOHO Networks
- Configure SOHO Network Security
- Configure Remote Access
- Troubleshoot Network Connections
- Install and Configure IoT Devices
Module 7: Implementing Client Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Configure Client-Side Virtualization
- Cloud Computing Concepts
Module 8: Supporting and Troubleshooting Laptops
- Use Laptop Features
- Install and Configure Laptop Hardware
- Troubleshoot Common Laptop Issues
Module 9: Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device Types
- Connect and Configure Mobile Device Accessories
- Configure Mobile Device Network Connectivity
- Support Mobile Apps
Module 10: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Print Devices
- Maintain Laser Printers
- Maintain Inkjet Printers
- Maintain, Impact, Thermal, and 3D Printers
- Install and Configure Printers
- Troubleshoot Print Device Issues
- Install and Configure Imaging Devices
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Germany: 2,490.— €
- Switzerland: CHF 2,990.—
- Coffee, Tea, Juice, Water, Soft drinks
- Pastry and Sweets
- Fresh fruits
- Lunch in a nearby restaurant
* Catering information only valid for courses delivered by Fast Lane.