This 4-day course educates students on the skills, technologies, and methods involved in successfully running Pivotal Platform. The course covers the importance of platform automation, introduces platform as a product concept, and provides hands on experience for what it takes to run and maintain Pivotal Platform at scale.
Product management, XP, and agile practices are explored in a fluent teaching style. The course exposes students to Concourse, Bosh, and Credhub. In addition, the course covers logging and metrics as well as Site Reliability Engineering (SRE). At the end of the course students are prepared for a Pivotal Platform Dojo or to join an existing platform team that has completed a Pivotal Platform Dojo.
Who should attend
Platform Engineers responsible for creating, configuring, and updating Pivotal Platform and supporting products.
- Experience using the Linux command line interface.
- Completion of VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition: Install, Configure, Manage or VMware Application Service: Install, Configure, Manage course is preferred, but not required.
- Experience managing a Pivotal Platform install is strongly recommended.
By the end of the course, you will have been exposed to or worked with:
- Pivotal Platform
- Platform Automation
- Operations manager
- Platform as a Product
- Blobstore for offline resources
- Agile, XP, Product Management
- Apps Manager
- A sample application
- Introduction to Pivotal Platform
- Control Plane
- Fetch Products from PivNet
- Pave the IaaS (PAS)
- Provision Ops Manager & Bosh Director (PAS)
- Provision PAS tile
- Provision Healthwatch with Tile Config Generator
Running production systems
- Monitoring & Logging
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Pivotal Platform Review
- User onboarding
- Backup & restore
Dieser Advanced-Kurs wird direkt von VMware durchgeführt.