Building on the benefits of the Spring framework, Spring Boot represents the next chapter in Java development. Spring Boot’s opinionated approach removes much of the boilerplate and configuration that characterizes Spring, making development faster and deployment easier.
This course offers hands-on experience with Spring Boot and its major features, including auto-configuration, data access, Actuator, and more. On completion, participants will have a foundation for creating enterprise-ready applications.
Who should attend
Application developers who wantto increase their understanding of Spring Boot and a focus onfundamentals.
A good working knowledge of web application development using Java and an IDE. Basic understanding of Spring: Java Config, component-scanning, Spring driven testing and Spring data-management (JdbcTemplate, @Transactional). Experience using Java, Git, and a build tool (Maven or Gradle).
Upon completion of this course, participants will understand how SpringBoot enhances the following:
- Describe the benefits provided by Spring Boot
- Initialize a project using Spring Boot Starters
- Leverage Spring Boot's auto configuration features to enableJDBC setup and initialization
- Create simplified backing-store solutions using Spring Data and JPA
- Build a simple MVC application using Spring Boot, embedded WebServer and fat JARs or classic WARs
- Build a RESTful Web application
- Use Spring Security to secure Web and REST endpoints
- Enable and extend metrics and monitoring capabilities usingSpring Boot actuator
- Leverage advance configuration capabilities
- Utilize Spring Boot enhancements to testing
- Review of Spring Essentials
- Spring Boot Introduction
- Spring Boot Dependencies, Auto-Configuration and Runtime
- JPA with Spring and Spring Data
- Spring MVC Architecture and Overview
- Rest with Spring MVC
- Spring Security
- Actuators, Metrics and Health Indicators
- Spring Boot Testing Enhancements