Universal CMDB 10.x Essentials (UCMDB120)
Who should attend
- Business Technology Optimization (BTO) architects leveraging the power of the integrated CMDB across the BTO/BSM portfolio.
- Those in charge of Configuration Management and the documentation and storage of business services and their related assets and relationships.
- Project managers, application modelers, discovery engineers, and UCMDB implementation consultants.
- Integration specialists implementing data federation across the different business silos and software product families.
- General knowledge of IT operations, familiarity with business services, and service management.
- Familiarity with the ITIL V3 Foundations subject area and the Configuration Management System in particular.
- Background in network or enterprise application administration and knowledge of enterprise architectures in a production IT infrastructure.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role and purpose of the HP UCMDB/DFM and the concepts of CIs and CITs in the context of Business Service Management (BSM).
- Become familiar with the architecture, integrations, and system-level components of the HP UCMDB.
- Understand the concepts of correlation and be able to model cause and impact with correlation rules.
- Enhance and auto-populate the HP UCMDB through the use of Enrichments.
- Understand various enterprise deployment scenarios and configuration approaches.
- Design and build business services views and topology maps to solve business problems.
- Create perspective-based views and models using Modeling Studio to make it easy to map applications.
- Use out-of-the-box and ad-hoc reports and comparison options to track infrastructure changes.
- Configure and perform automatic discovery of hardware and software CIs.
- Gain a basic understanding of Federation and its implementation.
This course is designed to provide an understanding of the fundamental concepts and applications of the HP Universal CMDB and Discovery and Dependency Mapping. Participants learn visualization and mapping techniques to build business service views, implement change tracking, perform impact analysis, and report and analyze root cause. Federation and the leverage of actionable information are also introduced in the context of Discovery operations and management. The discussions and scenario-based exercises reinforce skills to optimize business outcomes through efficient use of the HP UCMDB/DFM.
Day 1 Course Introduction & Foundations
- I. Course Overvie
- II. Foundation
- III. Introduction to Modelin
- IV. Getting Familiar with uCMD
Day 2 Modeling and Reporting
- V. Quick Review
- VI. Modeling Essential
- VII. Reporting
Day 3 Analysis and Enrichment
- VIII. Quick Review
- IX. Advanced Modeling
Day 4 Data Flow and Discovery
- X. Quick Review
- XI. Data Flow Managemen
Day 5 Discovery Lab and CMDB Administration
- XII. Quick Review
- XIII. Data Flow Management (Cont.)
- XIV. Final Exam/Lab
- XV. Administration – The CI Life Cycle
- XVI. Administration
- XVII. Course Summary
- XVIII. Feedback Session