This introductory course provides students with the skills needed to effectively use and manage the Service Manager 9.x software product. This course, which focuses on teaching the processes embedded in Service Manager, lasts five days and is a mixture of lectures and hands-on exercises. This course covers software version 9.6.
This course is designed for new users of Service Manager who are familiar with IT Service Manager (ITSM) Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts and want to learn how the Service Manager 9.x workflow engine and application platform automates, facilitates, and enforces these key ITSM ITIL processes.
Users who are tasked with configuring Service Manager for their organization should attend Service Manager 9.x Technical Configuration.
Who should attend
This course is intended for Process Owners, project managers, and other managers who are new to Service Manager.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Service Manager processes, workflows, key features, and components for the following modules, including Employee Self-Service and Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Knowledge Management, Service Level Management, Request Fulfillment
- Use the various Service Manager clients: ESS portal, Web client, Windows client, Service Request Catalog (SRC), and Mobility client
- Manage Service Manager operators and security access to applications and records
- Describe the Service Catalog
- Describe the Service Manager reporting capabilities
- Module 0 – Course Overview
- Module 1 – Introduction to Service Manager
- Module 2 – Navigating Service Manager
- Module 3 – Employee Self Service and Service Desk
- Module 4 – Incident Management
- Module 5 – Problem Management
- Module 6 – User Administration
- Module 7 – Change Management
- Module 8 – Configuration Management
- Module 9 – Knowledge Management
- Module 10 – Smart Analytics
- Module 11– Service Level Management
- Module 12 – Service Catalog
- Module 13 – Request Fulfillment
- Module 14 – Mobility Client
- Module 15 – Reporting
- Module 16 – Configuring CDF and SMA-SM Service Portal