This four-day course provides students with the skills needed to install and deploy the Operations Bridge Reporter (OBR) 10.x software product. Students will also learn how to access and use the reports associated with this product. This course provides a hands-on experience in applying the fundamental and administrative concepts, principles, and methodologies available to manage, edit, and enhance the available OBR reports. You will also manage the configuration and deployment aspects of this best-in- class performance reporting solution for Operations Bridge, Application Performance Management (APM), and VMware vCenter.This course is recommended for individuals who are responsible for providing business service reporting, cross-technology domain reporting, and capacity management reports from Operations Bridge. The course is a mixture of lectures and hands-on labs. The hands-on labs use version 10.02 of the software.
Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- Infrastructure architects/analysts
- Performance engineers
- Applications/services managers
- IT operations managers
To be successful in this course, you should have the following prerequisites or knowledge.
- Knowledge of Application Performance Management (APM), Operations Manager i (OMi), or Operations Manager (HPOM) on which OBR is reporting.
- Knowledge of End User Management (EUM), Business Process Monitor (BPM), Real User Monitor (RUM), SiteScope, and Operations Agents is helpful.
- Knowledge of Application Performance Management, Operations Center and Network Management Center is helpful.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts and terminology.
- System and application monitoring principles and practices.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Use OBR to understand the relationship between the availability and performance metrics of the IT environment and their impact on business services
- Use OBR to report cross-infrastructure elements residing in multiple technology domains
- Use the out-of-the-box (OOTB) OBR reporting content packs (CPs)
- Access OBR reports
- Describe the role and intent for each of the OBR components
- Manage OBR operations and reports
- Administer OBR, add users, and generate reports
- Install and configure the OBR components
- Create basic OBR reports
- Troubleshoot OBR
- Introduction and Overview
- Operations Bridge Overview
- Operations Bridge Reporter Overview
- Navigating OBR Reports
- Reports for RUM and BPM
- Reports for Physical and Logical Systems
- Reports for Networks
- Reports for Database Servers
- Reports for Application Servers
- Reports for Active Directory and Exchange
- Reports for OMi and HPOM
- OBR Architecture
- OBR Content Packs
- Data FlowMonitoring
- OBR Technology
- OBR Installation and Configuration
- Remote Collector Installation
- OBR Sizing and Tuning
- OBR Administration
- OBR Users and Reports
- OBR Report Customization
- OBR Disaster Recovery and High Availability
- OBR Troubleshooting
- Migrating to OBR 10.x