ControlPoint Installation 5.x Essentials (CP300)
This course provides the essential knowledge to enable participants to install and maintain HPE ControlPoint (CP) software, including considerations for configuring and managing the ControlPoint technical environment, using the ControlPoint interface, policy and repository definition, data analysis, and data cleanup.
Class sizes are limited to 8 to 15 participants to provide adequate individual attention under the guidance of expert HPE Software Education trainers.
Who should attend
This course is intended for technical staff planning to implement and/or support the ControlPoint implementation and those users responsible for the setup and initial design of ControlPoint. This includes, but is not limited to, Records Managers, senior business staff, Conten Manager (CM) Power Users, and/or core project team members.
To be successful in this course, you should have the following prerequisites or knowledge.
- Windows Server and desktop operating systems
- Local security policies and firewalls
- Active Directory (AD) / creating and administrating users and groups
- Network architecture and common software deployment tools
- Creating and modifying share permissions
- Database management and connectivity
- Knowledge of records management principles and internal business processes
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the key features and benefits of ControlPoint
- Plan for the ControlPoint installation
- Install and configure ControlPoint
- Navigate and use the ControlPoint interface
- Perform on-going maintenance and troubleshooting of ControlPoint
- Perform advanced configuration of ControlPoint
- HPE Governance and ControlPoint – an Overview
- ControlPoint Overview
- Installation ControlPoint IDOL
- ControlPoint Application Overview
- Installing ControlPoint
- An Overview of ControlPoint Interface
- Training Preparation
- ControlPoint Repositories
- ControlPoint Security