This three-day, instructor-led classroom offers technical personnel the opportunity to learn and experience how to use the Application Performance Management (APM) software. This course is designed for individuals who are responsible for the performance and availability aspects of mission-critical applications and for the configuration and administration of APM.
The hands-on lab exercises in this course use APM version 9.50.
Who should attend
New users of APM 9.50, include the following:
- IT Tools engineers
- Database administrators
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Operations managers
- Availability engineers
To be successful in this course, you should have the following prerequisites or knowledge.
- Systems, network, and database administration
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts and terminology
- Industry-standard operating systems
- Network, system, and application monitoring principles and practices
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the key features of Application Performance Management (APM), its architecture, deployment and configuration scenarios.
- Identify the key features and principles of Operations Bridge and its components.
- Identify the key concepts of RTSM and Pattern and Perspective based views.
- Describe the components of the RTSM.
- Configure the RTSM – CMS Integration.
- Configure and work with an IT model to build a topology of your system, populate the model with configuration items (CIs) and relationships, and use the model to measure and manage critical business processes
- Describe RTSM population and extend the data model through enrichment
- Create the HIs, KPIs, their assignments and customizing the Service Health to meet specific needs.
- Identify primary function of System Health and its utility in investigating APM issues.
- Use APM logs and Logging administrator to troubleshoot the APM issues.
- Describe the APM APIs related to System Health, SLM, EUM and Generic Reporting engines.
- Describe and configure the OBM – APM Integration, its features and configuration options.