AWS Database Migration Immersion Day (AWSDMID)
A Database Migration Workshop is a customizable AWS experience delivered by solutions architects and account managers, to help with adoption of RDS and give customers a head start with using Database Migration Service and Schema Conversion Tool for migrating their databases from a source database to a target database. The source can be either on-premises or on EC2 instance and the target can be an RDS.
For customers, a workshop allows hands on time with Database Migration Service and Schema Coversion Tool, and SA guidance for their particular use cases and best practices for RDS. For SAs, the workshop provides pre-created modules and labs that can be delivered to the customer without rework.
- Introduction to Database Migration Workshop
- Lab: Lab Environment Setup
- AWS Schema Conversion Tool (SCT)
- Lab: Schema Conversion Tool - SQL Server to Amazon Aurora (MySQL)
- re:Invent 2018 - Migrating Databases with AWS DMS
- AWS Database Migration Service (DMS)
- Lab: Database Migration Service - SQL Server to Amazon Aurora (MySQL)
- Best Practices for SQL Server Migration
- Close-out and Goodbye