Who should attend
Commvault® Administrators and Oracle DBAs who need to protect their Oracle Database environment and would like to strengthen their knowledge of Oracle RMAN features in conjunction with the Commvault® Software Suite.
- Experience with Windows and UNIX/Linux platforms running Oracle or Oracle RAC Databases
- Core Fundamentals (CF) and Implementation and Maintenance (IM) courses is recommended
Upon completion of the workshop, the attendee will be able to perform the following key tasks:
- Install and configure the Commvault® iDataAgent for Oracle and creating an Oracle RAC/Exadata virtual client
- Understand the Commvault® licensing requirements for Oracle and Oracle RAC/Exadata environments
- Explain the difference between Oracle online and offline backups
- Run various kinds of online backups and recoveries including controlfile, spfile, datafile and archivelog
- Understand the difference between full, block level incremental and cumulative backup levels
- Run backup and recovery operations from the command line using a self-tailored RMAN script
- Decide which recovery operation is best for the current state of the database (case studies)
- Managing schedules, reports, crosscheck and other advanced options provided by the iDA for Oracle
- Performance tuning to speed up daily data protection and management operations
- Know the difference of Snap Backup, Replication and usual backup and recovery operations of Oracle and Oracle RAC Databases
This instructor led data protection and recovery workshop for Oracle and Oracle RAC/Exadata Databases is intended for Commvault® Simpana® administrators who would like to extend their knowledge and gain hands-on experience in managing Oracle and Oracle RAC data protection, recovery and management operations.
The premium workshop is led by Commvault® product specialists who will provide field experience and best practice recommendations about installing, configuring and managing the iDataAgents for Oracle Databases. It provides attendees with a detailed insight of the different backup and recovery scenarios available in combination of the Commvault® Simpana® Software Suite and Oracle's Recovery Manager (RMAN) as well as current Snapshot based protection operations.
The workshop is a hands-on session running in real live environment lab and students will use the virtual training environment for certain exercises.
This workshop is not part of the official standardized Commvault training program, rather it is a hands-on live environment workshop and therefore:
- No official training documentation will be provided
- No exams or certification is available
- Attendees are required to take their own notes during the workshop