Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
This course is part one in a series of two courses that will teach you how to design and implement a Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in an enterprise environment. The two courses collectively cover designing, planning, deploying, securing, monitoring, automating, and virtualizing an enterprise server infrastructure. This course covers the knowledge and skills needed to provide an enterprise solution that supports manual and automated server installations in a physical and virtual environment including the supporting file and storage services. Through hands-on labs you will learn how to provide enterprise networking solutions such as DHCP, IPAM, VPN, and DirectAccess. You will also learn how to design and implement a forest and domain infrastructure including multi domains/forest and branch office scenarios. This course prepares you for Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Exam 413: Designing and Implementing and Server Infrastructure.
Note: Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have experience administering Windows Server 2012 R2 and have an MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification or equivalent skills.
- Plan a server upgrade and migration.
- Plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
- Design and maintain an IP configuration and address management solution.
- Design and implement name resolution.
- Design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
- Design and implement an Active Directory organizational unit infrastructure.
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Design and implement an AD DS topology.
- Plan and implement storage.
- Plan and implement file services.
- Design and implement network access services.
- Design and implement network protection
You should have a good understanding of Windows client and server operating systems and basic AD DS and networking experience in an enterprise or small business environment together with application configuration experience.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure including the network services necessary. Students have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and possess Windows Server 2012 certification (MCSA) or equivalent skills.
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 and AD DS. For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Ability to work in a team or a virtual team.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 MCSA.
You are expected to have taken the following courses, or have equivalent knowledge:
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (MOC 20410)
- Administering Windows Server 2012 (MOC 20411)
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (MOC 20412)
Click here to purchase this course through the Fast Lane Community Site.
Module 1: Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
- Upgrade and Migration Considerations
- Creating a Server Upgrade and Migration Plan
- Planning for Virtualization
Module 2: Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Infrastructure
- Selecting an Appropriate Server Imaging Strategy
- Selecting a Deployment Automation Strategy
- Implementing an Automated Deployment Strategy
Module 3: Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
- Designing and Implementing DHCP
- Planning and Implementing DHCP Scopes
- Planning and Implementing an IPAM Provisioning Strategy
Module 4: Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
- Designing a DNS Server Implementation Strategy
- Designing the DNS Namespace
- Designing and Implementing DNS Zones
- Designing and Configuring DNS Zone Replication and Delegation
- Optimizing DNS Servers
- Designing DNS for High Availability and Security
Module 5: Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain Infrastructure
- Designing an AD DS Forest
- Designing and Implementing AD DS Forest Trusts
- Designing and Implementing AD DS Domains
- Designing DNS Namespaces in AD DS Environments
- Designing AD DS Domain Trusts
Module 6: Designing and Implementing an OU Infrastructure and AD DS Permissions Model
- Planning the AD DS Administrative Tasks Delegation Model
- Designing the OU Structure
- Designing and Implementing an AD DS Group Strategy
Module 7: Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
- Gathering the Information Required for a GPO Design
- Designing and Implementing GPOs
- Designing GPO Processing
- Planning Group Policy Management
Module 8: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
- Designing and Implementing AD DS Sites
- Designing AD DS Replication
- Designing the Placement of Domain Controllers
- Virtualization Considerations for Domain Controllers
- Designing Highly-Available Domain Controllers
Module 9: Planning and Implementing Storage
- Storage Considerations
- Planning and Implementing iSCSI SANs
Module 10: Planning and Implementing File Services
- Distributed File System
- Dynamic Access Control
Module 11: Designing and Implementing Network Access Services
- Designing and Implementing Remote Access Services
- Designing RADIUS Authentication by Using a Network Policy Server
- Designing a Perimeter Network
- Planning and Implementing DirectAccess
Module 12: Designing and Implementing Network Protection
- Overview of Network Security Design
- Identifying and Mitigating Common Network Security Threats
- Designing and Implementing a Windows Firewall Strategy
- Designing and Implementing a Network Access Protection Infrastructure
Lab 1: Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
Lab 2: Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Infrastructure
- Planning an Automated Server Installation and Deployment Strategy
- Preparing the Windows Server Image
- Deploying Windows Server
Lab 3: Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and IP Address Management Solution
- Designing an IP Addressing Scheme for Contoso (Optional)
- Planning DHCP to Support Your Proposed Scheme
- Planning an IPAM Deployment
- Implementing DHCP and IPAM
Lab 4: Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
- Designing a DNS Name Resolution Strategy
- Planning a DNS Server Placement Strategy
- Planning DNS Zones and DNS Zone Replication
- Implementing DNS
Lab 5-1: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Forest Infrastructure
- Designing an AD DS Forest Infrastructure
- Implementing AD DS Forest Trusts
Lab 5-2: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Domain Infrastructure
- Designing an AD DS Domain Infrastructure
- Implementing an AD DS Domain Infrastructure
Lab 6: Designing and Implementing an AD DS OU Infrastructure and AD DS Delegation Model
- Designing an OU Infrastructure
- Implementing the OU Design
- Designing and Implementing an AD DS Permissions Model
Lab 7: Designing and Implementing Group Policy Object Strategy
- Designing a GPO Strategy
- Implementing the GPO Design
Lab 8: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
- Designing AD DS Sites and AD DS Replication
- Planning the Placement of Domain Controllers
- Implementing AD DS Sites and Domain Controllers
Lab 9: Planning and Implementing Storage
Lab 10: Designing and Implementing File Services
- Planning Data Access
- Planning and Implementing Dynamic Access Control
Lab 11: Designing and Implementing Network Access Services
- Planning and Implementing a VPN Solution
- Planning and Implementing a DirectAccess Solution
Lab 12: Designing and Implementing Network Protection
- Designing a Windows Firewall Solution
- Implementing a Windows Firewall Solution
- Designing a NAP Solution
- Implementing NAP with VPN Enforcement
Price on requestBUY NOW