VMware NSX: Design and Deploy (NSXDD)
This Advanced course is delivered by VMware.
Who should attend
Network professionals who have experience working with VMware NSX and are responsible for designing or deploying virtualized network architecture. Attendees should have taken the VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage (NSXICM) and VMware NSX: Troubleshooting and Operations (NSXTO) courses or have equivalent experience.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage (NSXICM) course or VMware NSX for Internetworking Experts Fast Track (NSXFT).
- Passing of the VCP-NV certification is recommended
This course prepares students to lead VMware NSX™ design and deployment projects by giving them an understanding of general design processes and frameworks. Students look at the design and deployment considerations for network virtualization as part of an overall software-defined data center design.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Understand and apply a design framework
- Apply design process for gathering requirements, constraints, assumptions, and risks
- Analyze existing physical networking and security components, processes, and operations
- Design a VMware vSphere® Virtual Data Center to support NSX requirements
- Design a physical network to support network virtualization in a software-defined data center
- Design logical network services
- Design logical security services
- Design a data center rack solution to support scalability and high availability
- Identify management, monitoring, and operational tools for a proposed solution
- Analyze the operational readiness of an organization and perform a skills gap analysis
- Analyze alternate design choices for risk mitigation
- Course Introduction
- Design Process and Principles
- NSX Infrastructure Design
- Network Design
- Security Design
- Operations and Management Design
- Multisite Design
- Deployment Considerations
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request