Red Hat Enterprise Deployment und System Management (RH401)
Who should attend
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) preparing for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management Exam (EX401)
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- An RHCE certification or equivalent experience. Note: An RHCE is required to take the exam (EX401) or purchase a version of this course that includes the exam.
During this course, you will learn to:
- Install Red Hat Satellite server with Subscription Asset Manager
- Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and roles
- Manage changes with revision control software
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite software channels and errata
- Construction of custom RPM packages
- Report and automation with Red Hat Satellite programming API
- Deploy configuration files using Red Hat Satellite
- Provision with Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Administer Red Hat Satellite
Red Hat® Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale deployment and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux® systems.
Students will learn how to install and use Red Hat Satellite server with enhanced entitlements reporting to deploy and manage systems. By the end of this course, students will have built their own RPM packages and will have used Subversion to manage changes to files. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management Exam (EX401) exam. This version of the course includes the exam.
Note: This course is related to Red Hat Satellite 5. If you would like to train on version 6, see our System Management with Red Hat Satellite 6 (RH403) course.