Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Solaris Administrators (RH290)
Who should attend
- Experienced Solaris system administrators transitioning to a Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform.
- Solaris administrators who are contemplating a migration to Red Hat Enterprise Linux and want to understand the difference in skillset that will be required.
- Solaris administrators who want to quickly expand their skillsets to include Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience in Solaris at the power user, network operations, or system administrator level.
- Two years of Solaris experience installing server operating system and software, troubleshooting servers, and configuring and securing servers and services.
RH290 Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Solaris Administrators quickly and efficiently covers many of the hands-on, practical skills needed when migrating from Solaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Focusing on the differences between the two operating systems, the course covers Red Hat Enterprise Linux equivalents to Solaris-specific technologies, such as applying software patches, automated deployment with Jumpstart, and advanced filesystem features. In addition, the course demonstrates how to use RPM, yum, the Red Hat Network (RHN), and Kickstart to manage your environment. You will acquire and set Linux kernel tunables, explore and configure the many supported hardware devices available from multiple vendors, and secure your users and services.
Upon completion of this course, you will have the knowledge and skillset to take Red Hat Linux Netzwerk und Sicherheit (RH253), or the RHCE Rapid Track Kurs (incl. RHCSA & RHCE Examensprüfung) (RH300) Course.
This class leverages existing UNIX-based skills to build RHEL expertise.
Mit dem Red Hat Einstufungstest können Sie Ihren persönlichen Schulungsplan auf Grundlage Ihrer Erfahrung, Ihres Kenntnisstands und Ihrer gewünschten Ziele ermitteln.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date