Red Hat Linux Netzwerk und Sicherheit (RH253)
Who should attend
- Linux system administrators who install, configure, and/or maintain networked services such as DNS, DHCP, NFS, and Apache
- Linux system administrators who want to harden the security of their machines or networked services as well as handle additional security issues
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administration (RH133), Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT) certification holder, or equivalent experience
- LAN/WAN fundamentals
- Internetworking with TCP/IP
- Before enrolling this course, it is recommend that students check their experience level by taking a free online pre-assessment questionnaire.
Red Hat Linux Networking and Security Administration (RH253) arms students with in-depth knowledge needed for the most essential Red Hat Enterprise Linux network services and access control mechanisms. This course covers core system administration and knowledge to use Linux as part of more complex services infrastructure. At the end of the course, participants will be able to set up a Red Hat Enterprise Linux server and configure its network services and security.
Through the lectures and hands-on labs, this course exposes students to the competencies tested by the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam.
Unit 1: System Performance and Security
- Identify how concepts and well formed policy map to configuration and accountability in networking and security administration.
Unit 2: System Service Access Controls
- Implement secure access to system and network services using host-based access, SELinux, and system services management.
Unit 3: Securing Data
- Secure data using fundamental encryption protocols, Public Key Infrastructure, and Digital Certificates.
- Configure and utilize encrypted remote system administration tools.
Unit 4: Network Resource Access Controls
- Secure access to systems and services using the NetFilter kernel-level firewall.
Unit 5: Organizing Networked Systems
- Understand and implement organized networked systems using the DNS and DHCP services.
Unit 6: Network File Sharing Services
- Configure, control and secure access to FTP, NFS, and SMB/CIFS (Samba).
Unit 7: Web Services
- Configure, implement and secure access to the Apache Web Server and Squid Proxy Cache.
Unit 8: Electronic Mail Services
- Configure, implement and secure access to the Sendmail and Postfix SMTP servers.
Unit 9: Account Management
- Understand account management using Name Switch Service and Pluggable Authentication Modules.
Duration 4 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Germany: 2,120.- €
- Switzerland: 2,120.- €
- Red Hat Training Units: 9 RTU
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date