Spring Web (SWEB)
This course teaches developers how to apply the latest in Spring to create Web applications, implement RESTful servers and leverage Spring Boot.
Optional topics include primers on Java Servlet applications and Spring Configuration, using Spring MVC without Spring Boot, Personalization using Themes and Spring Mobile and Spring MVC internals. These topics are not covered in public courses and are typically used to provide additional, in-depth content for private, onsite deliveries only.
This course prepares students for the Spring Professional certification exam. Certification exams are sold separately.
Who should attend
Architects and developers wanting to build web and/or RESTful applications using the Spring MVC framework.
- Experience using Java to develop applications
- Basic understanding of Spring. The course Core Spring (CORE) is a perfect preparation for this class.
At the end of the training, students will be able to:
- Use the Spring Framework to develop Web applications
- Use Spring Tool Suite
- Implement RESTful servers using Spring MVC
- Use Spring Boot to build applications quickly with auto-configuration
- Secure Web applications with Spring Security
- Test Web applications for correctness and performance
- Understand and use Web Sockets with Spring MVC
- Web Primer (Optional)
- Spring Overview (Optional)
- Getting Started with Spring Web MVC
- More on Controllers
- Spring Boot
- Configuration without Spring Boot (Optional)
- Mapping And Configuration
- Message Sources And Internationalization
- Brief Introduction To Layouts
- Using Views In Spring MVC
- Filters And Resource Management
- Form Handling With Spring MVC
- Implementing Rest
- Exception Handling
- Building Client Applications With Ajax (Optional)
- Spring Session
- Web Application Security With Spring Security
- Debugging And Testing Web Applications
- Spring Websockets
- Spring Web Flux
- Layouts In Spring MVC (Optional)
- Spring Mvc Internals (Optional)
- Site Personalization With Spring MVC (Optional)
Please see below our alternative, English language, FLEX course options.
Time zone: Europe/Nicosia