Oracle Database 12c: SQL and PL/SQL New Features Ed 1 (D90165GC10)
The Oracle Database 12c: SQL and PL/SQL New Features training introduces you to the new features available in Oracle Database 12c. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you explore the latest features available in SQL language and feature enhancements in PL/SQL, data types, language performance and data warehousing.
- Understand the FETCH clause to limit the rows returned by a SQL query.
- Take advantage of the invisible and hidden columns.
- Make use of the IDENTITY column to automatically generate the number column.
- Utilize the ACCESSIBLE BY clause to create a white list of PL/SQL units.
- Grant roles to PL/SQL packages and standalone stored procedures.
- Understand Synchronous Materialized Views.
- Identify ways to improve query performance against OLAP cubes.
Benefits to You
When you walk away from this course, you will have gained a better understanding of the data warehousing new features available in Oracle Database 12c. This includes maintaining multiple partitions and SQL for pattern matching.
Who should attend
- Database Administrators
- System Analysts
- Project Manager
- Application Developers
Knowledge of Oracle Database, Structured Query Language(SQL), Basic programming concepts such as IF-THEN statements, loops, procedures, and functions
- Create Invisible and Hidden columns in a table
- Understand enhanced DDL capabilities using ONLINE keyword
- Identify additional new features available in SQL Language
- Identify the increased length limits of data types
- Configure database for extended data type
- Understand SQL IDENTITY column
- Identify SQL Column enhancements defaulting on explicit NULL and using a sequence
- Identify additional feature available in Data Types such as ANYDATA, and GATEWAY
- Understand fine grained access controls for packaged procedures
- Define invoker's rights function that can be result cached
- Implement ACCESSIBLE BY clause
- Grant roles to PL/SQL packages and standalone stored subprograms
- Identify PL/SQL functions that can run faster in SQL
- Maintain Multiple Partitions
- Use FETCH clause in SQL queries
- Identify the various new features and enhancements available in Oracle Database 12c - SQL Language, Data Types, PL/SQL, and Data Warehousing
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request