Oracle Solaris 11 Security Administration (D77033GC20)
This Oracle Solaris 11 Security Administration training helps you develop the knowledge and skills to customize security on the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you explore new security features included in Oracle Solaris 11.1 and Oracle Solaris 11.2; learn how to use these features to reduce the risk of intrusion and secure both applications and data.
- Describe important security principles and technologies.
- Secure user rights, process rights, files and file system.
- Implement cryptographic services, network security, zones security and labeled security.
- Administer system security and services.
- Monitor file integrity and security related system events.
Benefits to You
When you walk away from this course, you'll leave with a better understanding of the Oracle Solaris 11.2 security administration and new enhancements done to the OS. This allows you to run your most demanding enterprise applications in private, hybrid, or public clouds. This course will also help you effectively create a security plan, while implementing and monitoring security on a Solaris 11 system.
Develop Oracle Solaris 11.2 OS Expertise
This course builds on the system administration skills taught in the Oracle Solaris 11.2 System Administration courses. You'll work with expert Oracle University instructors to develop a deep understanding of Oracle Solaris 11.2 security features that you can leverage in your day-to-day job.
If you don't have Oracle Solaris 11 system administration experience, you should first take the Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration and Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration course first to ensure an effective knowledge of Oracle Solaris 11 system administration before attempting to take this specialty course. Those with Oracle Solaris 10 experience should take the Transition to Oracle Solaris 11 course, as it builds on your Oracle Solaris 10 knowledge and provides training more tailored to your background.
Who should attend
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Administer users, packages, and applications on Oracle Solaris 11 systems
- Administer network and process on Oracle Solaris 11 systems
- Administer services and zones on Oracle Solaris 11 systems
- Perform system installation
- UNIX and Linux Essentials
- Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration Ed 4
- Administer system security
- Identify key Oracle Solaris 11 security technologies
- Secure users and processes
- Audit the system
- Use cryptographic services for encryption and decryption
- Secure files and file system
- Monitor systems for file integrity
- Implement network security
- Manage services
- Implement security in zones
- Implement labeled security
- Describe important security principles and features
- Planning for basic security
- Identifying Oracle Solaris 11 Security Technologies
- Securing Users and Processes
- Using the Oracle Solaris Cryptographic Services
- Auditing in Oracle Solaris
- Securing Files and File System
- Administering System Security
- Implementing Basic Network Security
- Securing Network by Using Packet Filtering
- Managing Services
- Implementing Security in Oracle Solaris Zones
- Implementing Labeled Security Using Trusted Extensions