Supporting Windows 8.1 (MOC 20688)
Who should attend
This course is intended for experienced information technology (IT) professionals that remotely manage and maintain Windows desktops and devices, and desktop support technicians and IT consultants who support small and medium-sized organizations.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Two years of experience in the IT field managing and maintaining Windows client operating systems
- Two years of experience performing:
- Windows application installation and support
- Network configuration in Windows
- Windows operating system installation and updates
- An understanding of how Windows client computers integrate with server computers
In this course, students learn how to design the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Windows 8. Two unique features of this course are integration of cloud services and Windows Intune. The skills in this course are suitable for small or enterprise environments.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan, select, and implement appropriate methods for managing Windows 8.
- Manage user authentication and intranet connectivity for Windows 8.
- Configure cloud services and deploy Windows Intune.
- Implement encryption and endpoint security.
- Plan a recovery solution for Windows 8.
- Design a recovery solution for Windows 8.
- Module 1: Planning and Implementing Management of Windows 8
- Module 2: Designing and Implementing an Installation Strategy
- Module 3: Planning and Implementing Authentication for Windows 8
- Module 4: Planning and Implementing IP Addressing and Intranet Connectivity
- Module 5: Implementing an Application Strategy for Windows 8
- Module 6: Planning and Implementing a Solution for User SettingsThis module explains how to plan and implement a solution for managing user settings.
- Module 7: Configuring Cloud ServicesThis module explains how to configure Windows Live services, and plan for Office 365.
- Module 8: Implementing Windows Intune
- Module 9: Managing Computers by Using Windows Intune
- Module 10: Planning and Implementing Access to File and Print Resources
- Module 11: Planning and Implementing Encryption for Windows 8
- Module 12: Designing and Implementing Endpoint Security for Windows 8
- Module 13: Designing and Implementing Extranet Connectivity
- Module 14: Planning and Implementing a Recovery Solution