Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Core Solutions (MOC 20488)
We offer the Microsoft MOC On-Demand products as an addon to this course. Microsoft On Demand courses provide you with 24/7 access to official video recordings of a Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) course. Recorded and delivered by Microsoft experts, the Video on Demand product provides you with:
- Access to the official Microsoft Video on Demand course for 90 days after the first log-in
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days from the point of purchase
The price of the Microsoft MOC On-Demand Addon is 449 €. To book the addon to your classroom course please leave a remark in the comment section of the booking form.
Who should attend
The course is intended for professional developers who develop solutions for SharePoint products and technologies in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. While some familiarity with SharePoint solution development is required, candidates are not expected to have prior experience with the new features in SharePoint Server 2013.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A working knowledge of using Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Studio 2012 to develop solutions.
- A basic working knowledge of SharePoint solution development, either in SharePoint 2013 or in earlier versions of SharePoint.
- A working knowledge of Visual C# and the .NET Framework 4.5.
- A basic understanding of ASP.NET and server-side web development technologies, including request/response and the page lifecycle.
- A basic understanding of AJAX and asynchronous programming techniques.
- Familiarity with approaches to authentication and authorization, including claims-based authentication.
In this course, students learn core skills that are common to almost all SharePoint development activities. These include working with the server-side and client-side object models, developing and deploying features, solutions, and apps, managing identity and permissions, querying and updating list data, managing taxonomy, using workflow to manage business processes, and customizing the user interface.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and manage features and solutions.
- Develop code for custom server-side components.
- Manage and customize authentication and authorization.
- Create custom sites and lists and manage the site lifecycle.
- Explain the capabilities and design choices for SharePoint apps.
- Use the client-side object model and the REST API.
- Develop provider-hosted and auto-hosted SharePoint apps.
- Distribute and deploy SharePoint apps.
- Create custom workflows to automate business processes.
- Use fields and content types to manage taxonomy.
- Customize the appearance and behavior of user interface elements.
- Customize navigation and site branding.
- Module 1: SharePoint as a Developer Platform
- Module 2: Working with SharePoint Objects
- Module 3: Working with Lists and Libraries
- Module 4: Designing and Managing Features and Solutions
- Module 5: Working with Server-Side Code
- Module 6: Managing Identity and Permissions
- Module 7: Introducing Apps for SharePoint
- Module 8: Client-Side SharePoint Development
- Module 9: Developing Remote Hosted SharePoint Apps
- Module 10: Publishing and Distributing Apps
- Module 11: Automating Business Processes
- Module 12: Managing Taxonomy
- Module 13: Managing Custom Components and Site Life Cycles
- Module 14: Customizing User Interface Elements
- Module 15: Working with Branding and Navigation