Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (MOC 20465)
Who should attend
This course is intended for database professionals who need who plan, implement, and manage database solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing database infrastructure.
- Planning and implementing consolidation strategies.
- Implementing SQL Server in on-premises, cloud, and hybrid IT scenarios.
- Planning and implementing high availability solutions.
- Planning and implementing disaster recovery solutions.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Planning and implementing databases
- Managing databases
- Querying with Transact-SQL
- Some basic knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery
- Some basic knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies and concepts around cloud computing
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess an existing enterprise environment.
- Plan and implement Policy-Based Management.
- Describe the considerations for consolidating workloads with SQL Server 2014.
- Describe considerations for including SQL Server 2014 in a private cloud.
- Use Microsoft Azure storage with SQL Server 2014.
- Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure virtual machines.
- Describe high availability technologies in SQL Server 2014 and implement log shipping.
- Describe Windows Server Failover Clustering and Implement an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instance.
- Implement an Always On Availability Group.
- Plan high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Plan and implement database replication.
The focus of this five-day instructor-led course is on planning and implementing enterprise database infrastructure solutions by using SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft technologies. It describes how to consolidate SQL Server workloads, work with both on-premises and Microsoft Azure cloud-based solutions, and how to plan and implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.