Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 (MOC 20417)
MOC ON DEMAND OPTIONS
You can take this Course in three alternatives:
1. MOC On Demand Core (649€)
The basic MOC On-Demand package, including digital MOC courseware.
2. MOC On Demand Advanced (1.490€)
MOC On Demand Core including additionally:
- Two MCT Technology Days
- Exam vouchers
- Measure-Up Practice Test
3. MOC On Demand Prime (plus 399€)
Includes all the advantages of the Advanced package, with the difference that the Practice part is conducted in a classic MOC classroom training in full length. This way, in addition to practical classroom training, the participants get the opportunity to study the course content and have hands-on labs for up to 90 days, in a timely fashion. Fast Lane guarantees the successful passing of the exam.
When booking your MOC Classroom Training, please specify in the comment field whether you would like the MOC on Demand package as well.
Who should attend
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who are already experienced Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 Administrators carrying out day to day management and administrative tasks and who want to update their skills and knowledge to Windows Server 2012.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Real World hands-on experience deploying and managing Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 environments
- Experience implementing Windows Server 2008 networking technologies
- Experience implementing Windows Server 2008 Active Directory technologies
- Experience implementing Windows Server 2008 server virtualization technologies
Candidates attending this course are expected to have obtained, or have equivalent knowledge to that covered in, the MCSA Windows Server 2008 credential.
This 5-day instructor-led course is designed primarily for people who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012. It presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server versions.
This course explains new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012 around management, networking infrastructure, storage, access control, Hyper-V, high availability, and identity federation. Specific technologies covered will include Dynamic Access Control(DAC), Failover Clustering, Microsoft Online Backup and changes with Active Directory, and Hyper-V and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
It is not a product upgrade course, detailing the considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment to Windows Server 2012. Rather, this course will update your existing knowledge and skills to Windows Server 2012. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012.
- Manage Windows Server with Windows PowerShell 3.0.
- Manage storage for Windows Server 2012 servers.
- Implement network services.
- Implement Remote Access.
- Implement Failover Clustering.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Implement Failover Clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implement Dynamic Access Control.
- Implement Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Plan and implement AD FS.
- Module 1: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Module 2: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
- Module 3: Managing Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Module 4: Managing Storage for Windows Server 2012
- Module 5: Implementing Network Services
- Module 6: Implementing Remote Access
- Module 7: Implementing Failover Clustering
- Module 8: Implementing Hyper-V
- Module 9: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Module 10: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Module 11: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 12: Implementing Active Directory Federation Services