Upgrading Your SQL Server Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (MOC 10977)
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is database and business intelligence (BI) professionals who are familiar with SQL Server 2008 and want to update their skills to SQL Server 2014, and become familiar with related Microsoft data technologies.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2008.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to use the enhancements and new features that have been added to SQL Server and the Microsoft data platform since the release of SQL Server 2008. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and other Microsoft data platform components.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features and capabilities of SQL Server 2014.
- Leverage new and enhanced features to develop database in SQL Server 2014.
- Use in-memory database capabilities in SQL Server 2014.
- Manage SQL Server 2014 by using dynamic management views and PowerShell.
- Implement security in SQL Server 2014.
- Implement high-availability and data recovery techniques in SQL Server 2014.
- Use SQL Server 2014 Integration Services.
- Use SQL Server 2014 Data Quality Services.
- Use SQL Server 2014 Master Data Services.
- Manage SQL Server 2012 Agent and Jobs.
- Implement a tabular data model in SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services.
- Implement a Self-Service BI solution with Microsoft Excel 2013.
- Describe key elements of cloud solutions for data.
- Implement a database in Windows Azure SQL Database.
- Implement a SQL Server database in a Windows Azure virtual machine.
- Implement a Big Data solution with Windows Azure HDInsight and the Windows Azure Marketplace.
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2014
- Module 2: What’s New in SQL Server Database Development
- Module 3: In-Memory Database Capabilities
- Module 4: Scripting SQL Server 2014
- Module 5: Implementing Security in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Module 6: High Availability and Data Recovery Enhancements
- Module 7: New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server Integration Services
- Module 8: Data Quality Services
- Module 9: Master Data Services
- Module 10: SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services
- Module 11: Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Module 12: Self-Service BI with Microsoft Excel
- Module 13: Introduction to Cloud Data Solutions
- Module 14: Windows Azure SQL Database
- Module 15: SQL Server in Windows Azure Virtual Machines
- Module 16: Implementing Big Data Solutions