Active Directory Services with Windows Server (MOC 10969)
Get hands-on instruction and practice administering Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this 5-day Microsoft Official Course. You will learn the skills you need to better manage and protect data access and information, simplify deployment and management of your identity infrastructure, and provide more secure access to data from virtually anywhere. You will learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders, Workplace Join, Certificate Services, Rights Management Services and Federation Services, as well as integrating your on premise environment with cloud based technologies such as Windows Azure Active Directory. As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment. NOTE: This course is based on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have fundamental knowledge and experience administering Active Directory.
We offer the Microsoft MOC On-Demand products as an addon to this course. Microsoft On Demand courses provide you with 24/7 access to official video recordings of a Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) course. Recorded and delivered by Microsoft experts, the Video on Demand product provides you with:
- Access to the official Microsoft Video on Demand course for 90 days after the first log-in
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days from the point of purchase
The price of the Microsoft MOC On-Demand Addon is 449 €. To book the addon to your classroom course please leave a remark in the comment section of the booking form.
Who should attend
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) experience and are looking for a single course that will further develop knowledge and skills using Access and Information Protection technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to further develop skills in the latest Access and Information Protection technologies with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- System or Infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to build upon that core knowledge and cross-train into advanced Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who have taken the 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure course and are looking to build upon that Active Directory knowledge.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience working with AD DS.
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure enterprise environment.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting core networking infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP Addressing, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience with Hyper-V and Server Virtualization concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of general security best practices.
- Experience working hands on with Windows Client operating systems such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand available solutions for identity management and be able to address scenarios with appropriate solutions.
- Deploy and administer AD DS in Windows Server 2012.
- Secure AD DS deployment.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
- Implement AD DS sites, configure and manage replication
- Implement and manage GPOs.
- Manage user settings with GPOs.
- Secure and provision data access using technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders and Workplace Join
- Implement certification authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS and how to manage CAs.
- Implement certificates.
- Implement and manage AD RMS.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS).
- Module 1: Overview of Access and Information Protection
- Module 2: Advanced Deployment and Administration of AD DS
- Module 3: Securing Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 4: Monitoring, Managing, and Recovering AD DS
- Module 5: Implementing and Administering AD DS Sites and Replication
- Module 6: Implementing Group Policy
- Module 7: Managing User Settings with Group Policy
- Module 8: Implementing Secure Shared File Access
- Module 9: Deploying and Managing Active Directory Certificate Services
- Module 10: Deploying and Managing Certificates
- Module 11: Implementing and Administering Active Directory Rights Management Services
- Module 12: Implementing and Administering AD FS
- Module 13: Implementing Windows Azure Active Directory
- Module 14: Implementing and Administering AD LDS