IT Service Management with System Center Service Manager (MOC 10965)
This five day course will provide students with the key knowledge required to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager. Using hands-on labs, students will learn the following:
- Where Service Manager sits within the System Center 2012 R2 product.
- What business and technical needs Service Manager is designed to meet
- How Service Manager aligns itself to ITIL® and MOF.
- How to architect and implement a System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager deployment.
- How to upgrade an existing Service Manager 2010 environment to System Center 2012.
- How to customize System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager to be in line with corporate standards.
- How to configure Incident and Problem Management.
- How to configure Activity, Change and Release Management.
- How to configure Service Requests.
- How to configure Service Level Management.
- How to customize the Self-Service Portal.
- How to configure Reporting and Analysis.
- How to troubleshoot Service Manager and perform disaster recovery.
- How to create customized Service Manager forms.
We offer the Microsoft MOC On-Demand products as an addon to this course. Microsoft On Demand courses provide you with 24/7 access to official video recordings of a Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) course. Recorded and delivered by Microsoft experts, the Video on Demand product provides you with:
- Access to the official Microsoft Video on Demand course for 90 days after the first log-in
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days from the point of purchase
The price of the Microsoft MOC On-Demand Addon is 449 €. To book the addon to your classroom course please leave a remark in the comment section of the booking form.
Who should attend
This course is intended for cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. This course is also intended for Cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Service Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
- An understanding of the IT management processes that are included with ITIL® and MOF.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Install Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Describe Service Manager usage cases.
- Configure base settings in Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Configure Incident and Problem Management.
- Configure Activity, Change, and Release Management.
- Configure and Manage Service Requests.
- Automate business processes with Service Manager and Orchestrator.
- Configure Service Level Management.
- Customize The Self-Service Portal.
- Use Reports and Analyze Data in Service Manager.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and disaster recovery in Service Manager.
- Customize Service Manager Forms.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited
The ITIL® Accredited Examination Institute logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited