Implementing and Managing Microsoft Desktop Virtualization (MOC 10324E)
Who should attend
This course is intended for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 system and desktop administrators who will manage and implement desktop and application virtualization technologies within their networks.
The students for this course typically are responsible for implementing their organizations’ desktop and application virtualization, or their information technology (IT) management has directed them to research and/or implement desktop and application virtualization in the existing environment. Students should have a minimum of 1.5 years of experience working with Windows Server 2008 as a server or desktop administrator. This course does not require prior experience with virtualization. However, we highly recommend familiarity with virtualization concepts and management tools.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic skills with Windows Command line
- Monitoring and Management Tools
- AD DS, including Group Policy deployments
- Performance Monitoring
This five-day, instructor-led course provides you with the knowledge and skills to implement and manage desktop virtualization solutions. This course provides an overview of virtualization and the various Microsoft products that you can use to implement and deploy a virtualization solution. The course explains how to configure and manage a MED-V deployment. Then, it describes the procedures for deploying an App-V solution by implementing App-V servers and clients and by sequencing applications. The course then covers the configuration of Remote Desktop Services and RemoteApp programs. Finally, the course describes the concept of user state virtualization and procedures for configuring the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan desktop virtualization scenarios.
- Implement and configure Windows Virtual PC and the Windows XP mode.
- ImplementMicrosoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization.
- Configure and deploy MED-V images.
- Manage a MED-V deployment.
- Implement App-V servers.
- Plan and deploy Application Virtualization clients.
- Administer the App-V infrastructure by using the App-V Management Console.
- Sequence applications for deployment by using the App-V infrastructure or a standalone installation.
- Configure and use Remote Desktop Services and RemoteApp programs.
- Implement user state virtualization.
- Configure and use Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- Compare and review the various desktop virtualization technologies.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date