Development Windows Communication Foundation Solutions with MS Visual Studio 2010 (MOC 10263)
Who should attend
This course is intended for professional .NET programmers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. Students should have experience consuming services within their Web and/or Windows client applications and be interested in learning to develop service-oriented applications (SOA) using WCF. Students should be experienced users of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1, as well as cursory familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for Windows client or Web application development.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Understanding of the problem-solving techniques that apply to software development.
- General understanding of the purpose, function, and features of the .NET Framework.
- Experience developing software using Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Studio 2010.
- Experience in object-oriented design and development using the C# programming language.
- Experience in n-tier application design and development.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement Service-Oriented Architecture tenets in WCF services
- Host WCF services in a variety of Windows hosts
- Define and implement WCF service contracts, data contracts, and message contracts
- Use multiple endpoints with various messaging patterns
This three-day instructor-led course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to develop distributed applications using WCF 4 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.