Troubleshooting QFabric Systems (TQS)
Who should attend
This course benefits all individuals responsible for deploying and supporting QFabric systems.
The prerequisites for this course are as follows:
- Intermediate TCP/IP networking knowledge;
- Intermediate Layer 2 switching knowledge;
- Introductory Data Center technologies knowledge; and
- Attend the Configuring and Monitoring QFabric Systems (CMQS) course, or have equivalent experience.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the functions of system components.
- List and use available troubleshooting tools.
- Follow a basic troubleshooting approach.
- Describe management interfaces and traffic flow.
- List and describe control plane and data plane connections.
- Describe the system and fabric discovery process.
- Explain the operations of discovery protocols.
- Monitor and troubleshoot internal protocol operations.
- List and describe key processes and services.
- Monitor and troubleshoot processes and services.
- Describe the Layer 2 learning process.
- Explain fabric control protocol operations for Layer 2 routes.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Layer 2 operations.
- Describe the Layer 3 forwarding process.
- Explain fabric control protocol operations for Layer 3 routes.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Layer 3 operations.
- List potential issues with Fibre Channel deployments.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Fibre Channel operations.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Troubleshooting Essentials
- System Components
- Troubleshooting Tools
- A Troubleshooting Approach
- Lab 1: Troubleshooting Essentials
Chapter 3: Connections and Communications
- Management Connections and Communications
- Control Plane Connections and Communications
- Data Plane Connections and Communications
- Lab 2: Connections and Communications
Chapter 4: System Services and Processes
- Overview of Services and Processes
- Master Services
- Managed Services
- Director Group Processes
- Lab 3: System Services and Processes
Chapter 5: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Layer 2 Operations
- Overview of Layer 2 Operations
- Troubleshooting Layer 2 Operations
- Case Study
- Lab 4: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Layer 2 Operations
Chapter 6: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Layer 3 Operations
- Overview of Layer 3 Operations
- Troubleshooting Layer 3 Operations
- Case Study
- Lab 5: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Layer 3 Operations
Chapter 7: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Fibre Channel Operations
- Overview of Fibre Channel Operations
- Troubleshooting Fibre Channel Operations
- Case Study
- Lab 6: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Fibre Channel Operations
Click on town name to bookSchedule
This computer icon in the schedule indicates that this date/time will be conducted as Instructor-Led Online Training.
This is a FLEX course, which is delivered both virtually and in the classroom.
16/02/2017 - 17/02/2017
20/04/2017 - 21/04/2017
10/08/2017 - 11/08/2017
30/11/2017 - 01/12/2017
14/12/2016 - 15/12/2016 Time zone: US/Pacific Course language: English
30/11/2016 - 01/12/2016
14/11/2016 - 15/11/2016 Course language: Spanish
30/11/2016 - 01/12/2016 Course language: Spanish