Junos Mobile Backhaul (JMBH)
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring mobile backhaul features that exist on the Junos OS running on the ACX Series and MX Series platforms, including individuals in professional services, sales and support organizations, and the end users.
- Understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection model;
- Junos OS configuration experience—the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course or equivalent;
- Intermediate routing knowledge—the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course or equivalent;
- Intermediate MPLS VPN knowledge—the Junos MPLS and VPNs (JMV) course or equivalent; and
- Advanced Class of Service knowledge—the Junos Class of Service (JCOS) course or equivalent.
- Describe how backhaul circuits are used in a mobile service provider network.
- Describe the need for timing in a packet-switched network.
- Describe the terminology used in timing.
- Describe the timing functions available on ACX and MX Series devices.
- Describe an overview of Synchronous Ethernet.
- Describe the functionality of the Synchronous Ethernet protocol.
- Describe how to configure and monitor Synchronous Ethernet on ACX Series and MX Series devices.
- Describe the functionality of Precision Timing Protocol (PTP).
- Describe how to configure and monitor PTP on ACX and MX Series devices.
- Describe the types of legacy circuits used in legacy 2G and 3G networks.
- Describe some of the options available to backhaul the legacy circuits.
- Configure and monitor CESoPSN and SAToP.
- Describe the types of circuits used in an HSPA network.
- Describe some of the options available to backhaul the HSPA circuits.
- Configure and monitor a Layer 2 to Layer 3 VPN termination.
- Describe the types of interfaces used in an LTE network.
- Describe some of the options available to backhaul LTE interfaces.
- Configure and monitor a Layer 3 VPN for the purpose of backhauling LTE interfaces.
- Describe the need for class of service in a backhaul network.
- Configure and monitor CoS in a backhaul network.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Mobile Backhaul Overview
- Backhaul Overview
Chapter 3: Synchronous Ethernet
- Overview of Synchronous Ethernet
- Synchronous Ethernet Protocol
- Configuring Synchronous Ethernet
- Configuring Synchronous Ethernet Lab
Chapter 4: Precision Timing Protocol
- Protocol Operations
- Configuring PTP
- Configuring PTP Lab
Chapter 5: Legacy Services
- Legacy RAN Overview
- CESoPSN Overview
- Configuring and Monitoring CESoPSN
- SAToP Overview
- RFC4553 Overview
- Configuring and Monitoring SAToP
- Configuring a Legacy Solution Lab
Chapter 6: HSPA Service
- HSPA Overview
- Service Options
- Configuring Layer 2 VPN to Layer 3 Termination
- Configuring an HSPA Solution Lab
Chapter 7: 4G Service
- LTE Overview
- Configuring an End-to-End Layer 3 VPN
- Configuring an LTE Solution Lab
Chapter 8: Class of Service
- The Need for CoS
- COS Case Study
- Configuring CoS for Backhaul Networks Lab
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request