ITIL® Foundation for IT Service Management (ITILF)
Who should attend
- IT Management
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers, Service Providers
- System Integrators
There are no formal requirements to take this course, but experience with IT service delivery will be beneficial.
In this course you will:
- Learn the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
- Realize the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Understand service management processes and how they map to the service lifecycle.
- Learn the basic concepts and definitions related to the service lifecycle.
- Learn the activities and roles involved with the service lifecycle.
- Understand the relationships of each component of the service lifecycle and how they map to other components.
- Identify the factors that impact the effectiveness of the service lifecycle.
ITIL Foundations is a dynamic 3-day instructor led course that introduces you to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. Through an engaging, case study based approach you will learn the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice.
The ITIL best practice is composed of five core disciplines:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transitio
- Service Operations
- Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
These disciplines represent a service life cycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value, return on investment, and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
This course will also prepare you to successfully complete the ITIL Foundation level exam which is required before taking any further ITIL intermediate level training courses. The course includes the opportunity to take the exam at the end of class.
- Upon successfully passing the ITIL Foundation exam, you will receive 2 credits toward ITIL Expert.
- This course is eligible for 18 Professional Development Units (PDUs) from Project Management Institute (PMI).