Juniper Networks Data Center Interconnect - MPLS, L3VPN and EVPN for Enterprise System Engineers (JNDCI-EVPN-EE)
EVPN is a rather new solution for Data Center Interconnect and gains rapid acceptance due to its inherent capabilities for combined Layer 2 and layer 3 connections over underlying WAN transport networks. Special components of EVPN like active/active multihoming, MAC/IP-move, L2/L3 interworking allow the design of flexible DCI-solutions for todays virtualized Data Centers.
Who should attend
This course is geared towards Enterprise System Engineers without previous exposure to MPLS networks, responsible for configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting Data Center Interconnect Solutions based on EVPN.
- Basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Working experience with basic routing principles.and Routing Protocols like OSPF
- Attend the Introduction to the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS), !JP-JRE, and Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) courses prior to attending this class.
- Basic knowledge of MPLS is of advantage
Recommended Prereading: DAY ONE: MPLS FOR ENTERPRISE ENGINEERS from Juniper Networks
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand Date Center Interconnect Solutions
- Ability to select the correct hardware platform for EVPN
- Understand the different Backbone Transport Solutions for EVPN
- Design and Configure MPLS backbone
- Understand the underlying MPLS LSP solutions
- Identify and differentiate the technologies to transport Layer 2 over MPLS (L2VPN, VPLS,EVPN)
- Understand the Role of MP-BGP in MPLS networks
- Design,Configure and verify MPLS Layer 3 Services
- Understand EVPN concepts and mechanisms
- Understand the EVPN and BGP Interaction
- Configuration and Verification of Basic EVPN network
- Describe the solutions for Layer 2 and Layer 3 Coexistence in EVPN
- Understand the Concepts of Single-homing vs Multi-homing in active/passive and active/active szenarios
- Design and Configuration of Multi-VLAN EVPN instances
- Understanding EVPN special requirements (e.g. DHCP, Server Load Balancing, MAC move,…)
This four-day advanced-level course is designed to provide students with the tools required for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting EVPN setups including underlying MPLS infrastructure components in an DATA CENTER INTERCONNECT (DCI)solution. Detailed coverage of all EVPN mechanisms is strongly emphasized. Through in lecture demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos devices for DCI and in monitoring and troubleshooting device and protocol operations.
This course will use 5 physical (MX80) and various virtual (vMX) routers for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on actual Junos OS Releases 14.2 and 15.2.
- DCI High-Level Design
- DCI Backbone Transport Solutions
- DCI MPLS Backbone
- DCI L3 Services
- Basic MPLS L2 Services
- EVPN and DCI High Level Design
- DCI EVPN Hardware Solutions
- DCI EVPN Solution
- DCI L3 and EVPN Coexistence
- EVPN Solutions
- EVPN Special Cases
- EVPN Roadmap and Open Features
Duration 4 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Germany: 3,600.- €