Using IBM z/VM Latest Version and IBM Linux on System z Advanced Topics (WRZ15G)
Who should attend
The seminar is open to IBM Clients, Business Partners, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and IBMers. IT professionals, including technical project managers, architects, systems programmers/analysts, systems designers and application developers who need to understand how to design and exploit the hardware and software infrastructure required to effectively run modern zEnterprise solutions.
This course is related to the IBM zEnterprise System Hardware Update.
The objective of this workshop will be two-fold:
- To understand when, where and how to implement single system imaging (SSI) and live guest relocation (LGR) in the new z/VM V6.3 environment
- To discuss and examine the security implications of z/VM 6.3 as it pertains to Linux on System z and its workloads
First half of this workshop will discuss using single system imaging and live guest relocation in z/VM V6.3. The second half of the day will be spent discussing Security for Linux on IBM System z topics.
A sample agenda is:
- Review SSI and LGR
- z/VM 6.3 - whats new, whats improved
- Setting up Linux on System z for production
- What considerations to migrate from test/development environments to production
- What considerations to migrate from distributed to Linux on system z
- Security for Linux on System z topics
- Utilities and products in z/VM that can help manage security in support of Linux workloads
- Configuring and using the System z LDAP servers
- Authentication and access control
- Cryptographic hardware
- Install and configure System z to provide a secure infrastructure environment (physical and logical)
- Security implications of z/VM SSI and LGR
- Best practices