IBM Parallel Sysplex and High Availability (WRZ03G)
Who should attend
The seminar is open to IBM Clients, Business Partners, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and IBMers. IT professionals, including technical project managers, architects, systems programmers/analysts, systems designers and application developers who need to understand how to design and exploit the hardware and software infrastructure required to effectively run modern zEnterprise solutions.
Students should have knowledge of previous release of z/OS
The objective of this session is to help you identify activities and capabilities that can deliver value to your enterprise, but that you never had time to explore previously. The information provided in this session should help you catch up on existing capabilities, and to position your environment for whatever the future holds.
This one-day workshop will include the following topics:
- Sysplex-related enhancements in z/OS latest version
- Latest guidance on optimizing application availability in a z/OS environment.
- Live demo of the benefit and implementation effort of recent z/OS enhancements.
- Exploiting z/OS parallel processing capabilities to optimize application response and turnaround times.
- Summary of sysplex and availability-related enhancements in the latest releases of the major System z subsystems.
- System Programmer toolkit a list of tools and tips to improve System Programmer productivity.