Getting to Know IBM TXSeries (WM880G)
Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- Application developers who develop IBM TXSeries business applications
- System programmers who install and configure IBM TXSeries and perform operational procedures
Before taking this course, you should have the following:
- Working knowledge of the underlying operating system platforms
- Working knowledge of Internet technologies
- COBOL or C skills, as required, for application development
- Basic knowledge of application design and programming
- Basic System administration skills
Basic knowledge of CICS and CICS application development is helpful, but not required.
This intermediate level course teaches you how to utilize the functions, features, and capabilities of IBM TXSeries.
IBM TXSeries is the distributed CICS Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) environment with integrated CICS Structured File System (SFS), and is used for the deployment of business-critical applications. In this course, students learn to install, configure, and administer the product using the new and intuitive Web-based administration console.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website: http://www.ibm.com/training