IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Advanced Administration for AIX (TSX22G)
Who should attend
This advanced course is for senior system administrators and business partners who are experienced with Tivoli Storage Manager implementation.
You should complete course:
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Implementation and Administration (TS612) or IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Implementation and Administration (ILO) (8S612).
You should also have the following general skills:
- Ability to navigate applications on the OS being used for the course
- Ability to use the OS command line on the OS being used for the course
- Experience working with storage devices
- Ability to work with an Internet browser
- Thorough understanding of client-server concepts
- Basic understanding of network architecture, including WAN, LAN, and SAN
This 5-day course is for administrators with a fundamental knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. It provides in-depth administration training with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Extended Edition at a higher skill level than the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Implementation and Administration course (TSX12).
Administrators learn how to control and tune the Tivoli Storage Manager environment and what steps to take when troubleshooting. The lab exercises explore the DB2 database management methods and options, using the disaster recovery plan file, and using SQL scripts. In addition, the exercises involve multiple servers to simulate an enterprise environment. You participate in group problem determination exercises, perform a variety of backup and restore processes, and optimize data management, such as data deduplication. You also tune the backup-archive client and the Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 server for optimal performance.
The hands-on exercises for this course are conducted on AIX. If you are interested interested in Windows implementation you should register in this course IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Advanced Administration, Tuning, Troubleshooting (TS622).
Currently no local training dates available. For enquiries please write to email@example.com.