Advanced Parallel Sysplex Operations and Recovery Workshop (ES90G)
Who should attend
This course is for operations personnel, tech support staff, and system programmers who are directly involved in the operation, system support, and software support of their Parallel Sysplex environment.
You should have:
- experience with the HMC and the Parallel Sysplex environment
- attended some previous sysplex class. Any one of the following Parallel Sysplex courses will provide the needed skill: Parallel Sysplex Operations and Recovery (MV900) (H4057), Parallel Sysplex Planning and Implementation for z/OS (MV450), (H3995), (H3396), Parallel Sysplex Implementation Workshop (ES420) or (ES73).
This course describes advanced operator actions to implement new policies, coupling facilities, structures and sysplex related operational enhancements. It diagnoses problems and demonstrates recovery techniques in these areas. These include:
- Identifying HMC problems and recovery, including IPL problems during system and sysplex activation
- Recovery with and without SFM policies
- Couple data set failures
- CF and CF structure failures
Labs are provided to submit jobs to format CDS, define policies, start and verify that they are working as desired, identify any policy change pending conditions and correct as needed. Labs take students through the required steps to implement ECS, GRS star, JES checkpoint, Operlog, Logrec, and SM duplexing on the CF. Students will also identify potential problems during the implementation process, identify various CDS and other sysplex related problems. Students will remove a CF from the sysplex as in the case of required maintenance to a CF; add a new CF to the sysplex and perform system and CF failure and recovery scenarios.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.