z/OS REXX Programming Workshop (ES52G)
Who should attend
This is an intermediate course for people who need to write and maintain Rexx programs in the z/OS system environment.
You should be able to:
- Code basic Job Control Language statements
- Code in a programming language
- Create, alter, and delete data sets using TSO
These skills can be developed by taking:
- Fundamental System Skills of z/OS (ES10)
- A programming language course
This course is designed to teach you the basic skills required to write programs using the REXX language in z/OS. The course covers the TSO extensions to REXX and interaction with other environments such as the MVS console, running REXX in batch jobs, and compiling REXX.