z/OS Installation Using ServerPac (ES41G)
Who should attend
This intermediate course is for New z/OS System Programmers who are required to install and administer an z/OS environment.
You should have:
- The ability to use MVS JCL to construct job streams
- The ability to use VSAM IDCAMS to work with VSAM objects
- End-user skills for TSO/ISPF PDF editor and utilities
- Understanding of z/OS functional components: Equivalent to attending z/OS Facilities (ES150)
- Familiarity with SMP/E processing
This course is designed to teach you how to use the CustomPac installation dialog to receive and install a new z/OS ServerPac order. It also discusses basic PARMLIB customization which may be required before the new z/OS system can be IPLed. The course includes a considerable hands-on lab component.