DB2 11 for z/OS System Administration (CV852G)
Who should attend
This is an intermediate course for system administrators, database administrators, and other technical individuals, who manage and implement DB2 10 for z/OS.
You should have:
- an understanding of the objects (tables, indexes, databases, and so forth) used in DB2 systems, and of how those objects are created, managed, and recovered. These skills can be developed by taking the DB2 Database Administration Workshop (CF83G) / (CV830) or through equivalent experience.
- a working knowledge of SQL. The SQL Workshop (CE120G) / (3E12G) provides that.
- At least one year as a z/OS systems programmer or equivalent experience
- Or, one year working with DB2 on the mainframe as a DBA on the mainframe or equivalent experience
Administrators of DB2 11 for z/OS can acquire a view of the architecture and fundamental processes required to manage a DB2 11 for z/OS subsystem. Engage in lectures and hands-on labs to gain experience to:
- Relate the z/OS IPL process to a DB2 subsystem
- Explain effects of stopping and starting DB2
- Explain how DB2 sets and use Integrated Catalog Facility (ICF) catalog names
- The use of DSN command processor running in batch and foreground
- Use views to minimize users ability to see into the DB2 catalog
- See how the catalog (through grant activity) controls access to data
- Search the catalog for problem situations
- Use the catalog and DB2 utilities to determine data recovery requirements
- Describe Internal Resource Lock Manager (IRLM) in a DB2 environment
- Implement DB2 and Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) security
- Describe DB2 program flow for all environments
- Display normal and problem threads and database status
- See how the SQL Processor Using File Input (SPUFI) AUTOCOMMIT option defers the COMMIT/ROLLBACK decision
- Interpret lock displays
- Identify and cancel particular threads
- Describe available DB2 utilities to manage system and user page sets
Please see below our alternative, English language, FLEX course options.
Time zone: Europe/Ljubljana