IBM Connections 4.0 - Social Software for Business (CNW42G)
Who should attend
This advanced course is designed for Solution architects and social networking administrators.
- Have good technical understanding of Web 2.0 concepts
- Have high-level understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, systems, and languages
- Review existing IBM Social Business resources and websites
Optional skills that will be useful:
- Previous experience with IBM Connections or other WebSphere based applications
- Familiarity with the Eclipse development environment
- Familiarity with Java, Dojo, and OpenSocial
IBM Connections 4.0 is social software for business that provides an exceptional social platform that helps enable you to access the right people and internal and external content in your professional networks and communities. With IBM Connections 4.0, you can track the activity of your network and respond more quickly using the embedded experience within the activity stream. You can also bring external applications and content into the activity stream to respond in context, saving time and reducing context switching. These are just a few of the many features in IBM Connections 4.0 that will allow you to increase personal and organizational effectiveness by creating, connecting, and sharing in one easy to use social experience.
In this workshop, you will learn about the new features in IBM Connections 4.0, including Activity Streams, IBM Connections Mail, and the Metrics application. Application developers will be interested in topics such as iWidget development, Activity Stream development, and the REST APIs. Get started and become a social business today!