DB2 9 for LUW Multiple Partition DBA Workshop (CL240G)
Who should attend
This intermediate course is for:
- Database Administrators, Application Developers, and Consultants who are involved in planning, implementing, or maintaining DB2 DPF partitioned databases.
- This course is also appropriate for customers who have acquired the IBM Smart Analytics System.
You should be able to:
- Use basic Linux/UNIX functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and the vi editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
- These skills can be developed by taking:
- Linux/UNIX basics (for example, AIX Basics)
- DB2 SQL Workshop
- DB2 Family Fundamentals
You will be using a Linux environment in a VMware image for the lab exercises.
It will be helpful for students running DB2 on other operating systems and platforms - such as DB2 on an AIX - to have experience with using and administering their operating system environment.
This course replaces course CF242. This is the classroom version of the Instructor-led online course DB2 9 for LUW Multiple Partition DBA Workshop Instructor-led online (3L240)
This course teaches you how to perform database administration tasks using IBM DB2 Enterprise 9 with the Database Partitioning Feature (DPF). These tasks include customization for the DB2 Enterprise 9 with DPF system, creating and populating partitioned databases, designing a database for parallel use, and using partitioned DB2 utilities. There is no actual installation of DB2 Enterprise software in this workshop. A DB2 for Linux system is used to exercise various administrative functions.
The course materials address DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
Fourteen labs are included to address DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
Prepare for IBM Certification Test 731: DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Database Administration.