Implementing Power Infrastructure for Cloud (ILO) (1SV1G)
Who should attend
This intermediate course is for anyone responsible for implementing and managing a virtualized dynamic infrastructure on POWER Systems and is interested in configuring or learning about the POWER Cloud foundation components.
The audience for this training includes the following:
- POWER technical support individuals
- POWER system administrators
- POWER system engineers
- POWER system architects
You are expected to have AIX, PowerVM, IBM Systems Director, and Storage knowledge. These skills can be obtained by attending the following courses or gained from equivalent experience:
- IBMTT courses on AIX, PowerVM, NIM, and IBM System Directory:
- Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization (AN300VE)
- PowerVM Virtual I/O Server Configuration (ILO) (AT630VE)
- IBM Systems Director 6.2 for Power Systems I: Installation and Management (AN940VE)
- AIX Network Installation Manager (NIM): Concepts and Configuration (AN220VE)
- Storage courses:
- IBM TotalStorage Productivity Center Workshop (SN855VE)
NOTE: This is an instructor led on-line course. Please do not make travel arrangements for this course.
This course provides working knowledge on how to quickly investigate and deploy a cloud platform on a IBM Power Systems hardware. You will learn about the foundational components that create the cloud environment and how to configure them. This course uses a combination of instructor lectures and machine exercises to provide you with practical background knowledge regarding the topics covered.