HP Insight Control Server Provisioning (HL974)
Who should attend
System Administrators, engineers and consultants, who will setup, manage and/or monitor HP ProLiant servers
Familiar with HP Insight Control server deployment (RDP)
• Provide an overview and key features of the HP Insight Control server provisioning.
• Describe the process of installing and configuring the ICsp appliance.
• Describe the process of installing and configuring a Windows based Media Server.
• Discuss HP ICsp OS Build Plans methodology, scripts, configuration files, packages and steps in typical jobs executed.
• Provide an overview of the methods used to discover and add target servers to HP ICsp database.
• Review some infrastructure provisioning jobs performed by OS Build Plans.
• Discuss operating systems and HP Service Pack for ProLiant deployments by OS Build Plans.
• Describe how to use HP Insight Control server provisioning to capture a Windows image from the template server and install that image on targets.
• Discuss OS Build Plans modifications and adjustments for some special requirements, by editing out-of-the-box OS Build Plans or creating new ones.
• Review the process of migrating existing HP Insight Control server deployment (RDP) managed target servers to HP Insight Control server provisioning.
• Discuss the migration of jobs and configuration files from RDP and using them in the HP ICsp.
• Review some typical maintenance actions to keep HP ICsp up and running.
• Review basic troubleshooting of the common issues and errors.
• Provide information how to access and use HP Support service for the advanced troubleshooting and resolving more complex problems.
- Module 1: HP Insight Control server provisioning
- Module 2: Setting up the ICsp appliance
- Module 3: Using the ICsp appliance
- Module 4: Migrating data from RDP to ICsp
- Module 5: HP Insight Control server provisioning maintenance and troubleshooting