Managing HPE 3PAR StoreServ I (HK902)
Who should attend
- HP 3PAR administrators who desire training on basic concepts andbest practices needed to administer the array.
- An understanding of general storage concepts including fibre channeltechnologies, and RAID.
- Operator level functionality in a Windows environment. (Labs are performed on a Windows host.)
At the conclusion of this course you should be able to:
• Explain the HP 3PAR current hardware offerings: including the 20000 series, 8000c series, and the 7000 Series
• Know the numbering schemes for the HP 3PAR hardware components (controllers, ports, physical disks)
• Understand data flow and communication concepts in an HP 3PAR controller node
• Use SSMC, Management Console and CLI to perform administrative tasks
• Set-up a Common Provisioning Group (CPG)
• Create a Thin Provisioned Virtual Volume (TPVV) and a Thin Dedup Virtual Volume (TDVV)
• Export and Un-export virtual volumes from hosts
• Use Autonomic Groups (Host Sets and Volume Sets) to simplify provisioning storage
• Change volume RAID, availability, and service levels using Dynamic Optimization
• Work with Virtual Lock for Virtual Volumes and Snapshots
• Administer Virtual Volumes using the SSMC Management Console CLI
• Create a Snapshot (virtual copy)) and promote (restore) from a Snapshot
• Create a clone (physical copy) and promote a Clone
• Convert a Virtual Volume (ie: from fully-provisioned to thin-provisioned or thin provisioned to thin dedup or vice versa)
• Use HP 3PAR info to analyze luns presented to hosts
The Managing HP 3PAR StoreServ I course reviews HP 3PAR hardware (20000, 8000 and 7000 Series) and architecture along with providing administrators insight into the constructs within the HP 3PAR array family. This training reflects the 3PAR StoreServ OS 3.2.2 release.The course is approximately 50 percent lecture and 50 percent hands-on labs using HP 3PAR arrays. Note: hosts used are MS Windows.