Configuring BIG-IP ASM v12: Application Security Manager (BIGIPASM)
Who should attend
This class is intended for network and security administrators who will be responsible for the installation and day-to-day maintenance of the Application Security Manager.
- Participants should understand:
- Common Network terminology
- TCP/IP Addressing, Routing
- Web application terminology
- Basic HTTP and HTML concepts
- Basic Security concepts
- In addition, participants should be proficient with:
- Basic PC operation and application skills, including operating a CD drive, keyboard, mouse and Windows OS,
- Basic Web Browser operation (Internet Explorer is used in class).
By course completion, the student will be able to implement and understand security policy configuration tasks and configure a security policy based on traffic learning and various security policy building techniques. Additionally, a student will be able to administer and manage Application Security Manager.
- Course topics include:
- HTTP and HTML Concepts
- Common Vulnerabilities
- Web Application Configuration
- Security Policy Configuration
- Traffic Forensics
- Ongoing Policy Management
- ASM Application Flow
- Enhancing Standard Policies
- APC & Policy Building Tools
- ASM Learning
- Advanced Policy Configuration
- Upon completing this course, a student will be able to install and understand application flow on an Application Security Manager and configure security for a Web application based on the Standard and~Enhanced Standard security model. Additionally a student will be able to monitor and administer an Application Security Manager as well as modify and configure advanced security policies using different methodologies.
Duration 4 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Germany: US$ 3,995.-
- Switzerland: Fr. 3,995.-