VMAX3 Business Continuity Management (MR-1CP-VMAXBCM)
Who should attend
This course is intended for EMC Personnel, EMC Partners and EMC Customers who will be involved in implementing and managing local and remote replication solutions for Business Continuity using TimeFinder and SRDF in an Open Systems environment.
- Windows and/or Unix operating systems; ability to utilize host based GUI and/or command line interfaces to perform hands-on labs
- VMAX3 Fundamentals
- VMAX3 Local Replication Fundamentals
- VMAX3 Remote Replication Fundamentals
- VMAX3 Configuration Management (MR-1CP-VMAXCM)
- VMware vSphere
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe and perform TimeFinder SnapVX operations with SYMCLI and Unisphere for VMAX – in physical and virtualized environments
- Describe and perform SRDF operations in Synchronous (SRDF/S) and Asynchronous (SRDF/A) modes using SYMCLI and Unisphere for VMAX – in physical and virtualized environments
This specialist level course provides the knowledge required to deploy and manage VMAX3 array-based local and remote replication solutions for business continuity needs. Operational details and implementation considerations for EMC TimeFinder SnapVX and Symmetrix Remote Data Facility (SRDF) are covered. Lessons include considerations for performing local and remote replication operations in physical and virtualized environments. Hands-on lab exercises using Symmetrix Command Line Interface (SYMCLI) and Unisphere for VMAX provide the opportunity to learn and validate the material covered in the lectures. Lab exercises will be performed in physical (Sun Solaris and Windows 2008) and virtualized (VMware ESXi) hosts attached to VMAX3 arrays.