SAN Management (MR-1CP-SANMGMT)
Who should attend
This course is intended for any person who presently or plans to manage Storage Area Networks using EMC software.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student should have knowledge and skills associated with the following:
- SAN protocols and devices
- EMC Storage Area Network (SAN) concepts
- Familiarity with operating system and storage array administration
A list of specific prerequisite courses can be found in EMC Education Services Learning Management System.
- Identify SAN components and list current EMC Connectrix connectivity options, and management tools
- Perform basic maintenance and configuration tasks on EMC Connectrix BSeries and MDS-Series switches
- Describe security options for a SAN
- Show the software licensing options for each Connectrix family of switches
- Configure virtualization features in a SAN, including VSANs, Virtual Fabrics, NPIV, NPV and Access Gateway
- Manage zoning
- Describe the components of a Fibre Channel fabric
- Expand a Fibre Channel fabric by merging switches
- Extend a Fibre Channel Fabric using a FCIP tunnel
- Configure a native iSCSI SAN
- Describe a basic FCoE configuration
- Perform basic troubleshooting using SAN Management tools
This course is intended for individuals who will perform SAN management activities using vendor or EMC tools. The Connectrix family of switches are managed to provide connectivity to host and storage through a SAN. SAN switches are administered through their CLI and GUI management tools for configuration in a multi-switch fabric and to enable communication between the hosts and storage. Fibre Channel, FCIP, iSCSI and FCoE environments are presented for management and switch configuration along with NPIV and NPV. The concepts of EMC SAN best practices, performance monitoring, basic troubleshooting and security are also addressed.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date