CAS Management (MR-1CP-NSCASM)
Who should attend
This course is intended for any person who presently or plans to implement and manage Centera content addressed storage (CAS) in their environment.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have a strong understanding of IT concepts and a basic knowledge of storage concepts. A list of specific prerequisite courses can be found in EMC Education Services Learning Management System.
This specialist level course provides participants with an introduction to Centera management and explains how to perform the day to day tasks and basic troubleshooting steps that are required of a system/storage administrator.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the operation of a Centera which includes
- Identify the components in a Centera cabinet
- Identify the steps necessary to set up a Centera
- Perform day to day management task on a Centera using the native tools
- Create and test virtual pools and access profiles
- Identify potential problems and perform basic troubleshooting and solutions
- Identify the steps necessary to set Centera Replication
- Centera operational overview
- Centera setup
- Centera CLI management
Labs reinforce the information you have been taught. The labs for this course include:
- Centera Operations as demonstrated using C-Clip Browser
- Centera CLI Management
- Centera Viewer Management
- Centera Console Management
- Troubleshooting while testing using Centera Verify
- Management of Virtual Pools and Profiles
- Configuration and testing of Centera Replication
Assessments validate that you have learned the knowledge or skills presented during a learning experience. This course includes instructor observation during completion of the course labs.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request