ViPR SRM Advanced Reporting (MR-1CN-SRMREP)
Who should attend
This course is intended for ViPR SRM Report administrators .
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have an understanding of:
- Basic data processing and basic storage hardware and networking concepts
- Monitoring and reporting concepts
- Performance management and reporting in storage environments
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe ViPR SRM’s report structure design and data manipulation.
- Use the tools and features of ViPR SRM in report design and creation.
- Create various unique reports based upon selected criteria employing the many report types provided in ViPR SRM, including, dashboard, inventory, advanced graph reports (time-ratio, heat map, Geo-Map), mixed-reports, etc.
- Demonstrate recognition of the advantages and features of the different report types by selecting appropriate report types to satisfy specified conditions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the uses for and correctly apply formulas in report design and creation.
- Create and make public enhanced reports for others to use and manage the content of the report tree.
This course provides training for modifying provided reports and creating standard and enhanced reports within the EMC ViPR SRM solution. ViPR SRM provides enterprise level performance and SLA management information for storage environments. After completing this course, you will gain an understanding of the ViPR SRM’s reporting capabilities, architecture, and be able to modify existing reports or create various unique reports that meet the needs of management within your storage management realm.